My research deals with the analysis of spontaneous language samples. I work with written language mostly, but some of my work also deals with transcriptions of spoken language. My main research projects can be categorized along these lines:
- Creative writing analysis (story understanding)
- Computational Linguistics for the analysis of Code-Switched data
- Detection of extremely negative text in social media
- Information extraction from social media
- Clinical NLP, the use of NLP in language assessment for a clinical purpose (diagnose, monitor conditions affecting language patterns)
Sudipta KarPh.D. Student
Niloofar Safi SamghabadiPhD Student
Gustavo AguilarPh.D. Student
Deepthi MavePh.D. Student
Amirreza (Reza) Shirani
Mahsa ShafaeiPh.D. Student
Shuguang ChenPh.D. Student
Siva Uday Sampreeth Chebolu
I am interested in problems like Sentiment and Emotion Analysis, Stylistic Analysis of Text, Automated Text Generation and Information Retrieval.
My research interests lie in the field of Natural Language Processing (NLP) combined with Machine Learning. I am particularly interested in addressing the problem of named entity recognition (NER) in noisy data. Another thread in my research is the linguistic code-switching phenomenon specifically when it comes to sequence labeling (i.e., language identification, part-of-speech tagging and named entity recognition). Additionally, I study multimodal approaches that combine lexical (i.e., phonology, morphology, syntax, and semantics) and visual information framed around the named entity recognition task.
My research work focuses on Natural Language Processing. I am interested in problems such as analysis of code-switching in text, stylistic analysis on text, sentiment analysis, among others. I am currently working on analysis of code-switched social media text.
My research interest is natural language processing (NLP) with deep learning. Currently, my work focuses on name entity recognition (NER) on Social Media.
- Fabio Gonzalez -National University of Columbia, Bogotá – (Visited in Fall 2017)
- Adrían Pastor López-Monroy – Now Research Associate at Centro de Investigación en Matemáticas
- Thoudam Doren Singh
- Prasha Shrestha – Amazon Alexa AI (Spring 2018)
- Suraj Maharjan – Research Scientist at Capital One (Spring 2018)
- Maksim Egorov
- Akshay Kulkarni – Now at Teradata (Spring 2018)
- Cash DeLeon
- Kevin Portillo
- Aidaly Santamaria
- Soumia El Madani